Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Best Beginner Books on How to Needle Felt Little Animals



Learn to needle felt with book tutorials.


When I first discovered the potential of needle felting while browsing the shops of talented Etsy artists, I was enthralled and I knew this was what I had to do. But I didn't know how to get started. So I did what I always do when I want to learn something new -- I found a book. Wool Toys and Friends: Step-by-Step Instructions for Needle-Felting Fun
The book included lots of pictures, and instructions for a variety of animals and dolls, including some very cute finger puppets. I don't think I followed the instructions to make any of the specific designs, but it helped me understand the process and how to add legs, arms, etc. After that book, I became consumed with needle felting and taught myself.
If you have a desire to sculpt  little needle felted animals, start with a book. Here are some recommendations for books easy to follow needle felting instructions:

Best books to learn how to needle felt animals.







Wool Toys and Friends: Step-by-Step Instructions for Needle-Felting Fun

This book includes patterns and many ideas including a sock monkey, finger puppets and a prairie dog. It also includes some instructions on wet felting.



Little Felted Animals: Create 16 Irresistible Creatures with Simple Needle-Felting Techniques

This book has 16 simple animal designs and really cute photography. It has some very nice step by step tutorials that make the process very clear.



Adorable Felted Animals: 30 Easy & Incredibly Lifelike Needle Felted Pals (Gakken Handmade)

This book includes 30 step-by-step instructions for making cute realistic pets including dogs and cats.



Making Needle Felted Animals: Over 20 Wild, Domestic, and Imaginary Creatures (Crafts and family Activities)

This book is especially lovely with 22 wildlife designs, detailed instructions and beautiful photography. I also like that they include a trouble shooting section, "felting bloopers."



Wild and Tame Needlefelt Animals: 24 Adorable Animals to Needlefelt With Wool

This book offers quite a variety of animals, both wild and tame, as the title suggests, for a total of 24 designs. There are many basic instructions such as "separating wool roving" that are very helpful to beginners.




The Natural World of Needle Felting: Learn how to make more than 20 adorable animals

I love that this book goes into great detail in the first chapter on choosing needles, adding color and creating structure. The photography is superb. It includes 20 designs with clear instructions.



Good luck on your needle felting adventure. Be sure to check out my tutorials on this blog including:



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete